KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee begins its quest for the third SEC Championship in program history this week as the Lady Vols travel to College Station, Texas, for the SEC Tournament.
The Lady Vols (39-13, 14-10) will enjoy a first-round bye after earning the tournament’s No. 2 seed. UT will play its first game on Thursday, May 9, when it takes on the winner of the Missouri/Auburn game at Davis Diamond.
For more information on the tournament bracket, schedule, and broadcast links, click HERE.
GAME TIMES AND BROADCAST INFO
- Opponent: Missouri/Auburn
- Venue: Davis Diamond
- Time: Thursday, May 9 – 2:30 p.m. ET/1:30 pm CT
- TV/Stream: SEC Network
- Radio: WMNL AM 990/UTSports.com/Tennessee Gameday App
- Live Stats: UTSports.com
All matchups on Wednesday, May 8 and Thursday, May 9 will be broadcast live on SEC Network. The two semifinal games on Friday, May 10 will be aired on ESPN2, and the SEC Championship game will also be watchable on ESPN2 on Saturday, May 11. Thursday’s game will be called by Adam Amin (PxP), Amanda Scarborough (Color) and Tiffany Greene (Sidelines).
Brian Rice will be calling the game on the airways on Sports Radio WMNL (AM 990), the Tennessee Gameday App and UTSports.com.
SEC Tournament History
- Overall: Tennessee is 27-23 (.540 Winning Percentage is Third Best Among All Schools)
- Two-Time SEC Tournament Champion (2006 & 2011)
- Three-Time SEC Tournament Finalist (2006, 2011 & 2015)
- Top-Four Seed for the Fourth Straight Season
NEED TO KNOW
- Senior Aubrey Leach is the NCAA active career leader in runs scored with 248. She also ranks third in walks (159). The Woodlands, Texas, native set Tennessee’s record for career runs scored and career walks earlier this season.
- Leach ranks 12th in the nation and first in the SEC with 1.12 runs scored per game. Her .400 batting average sits at second in the SEC. She was recently selected to the All-SEC Second Team.
- Chelsea Seggern, a junior from Thrall ,Texas, leads the league with 0.35 doubles per game.
- Freshman Ashley Rogers was tabbed to the Schutt Sports/NFCA National Freshman of the Year Top 25 List and named to the All-SEC First Team.
- Junior Jenna Holcomb is the fifth-toughest player in the SEC to strike out and she was named to the All-SEC Second Team and All-SEC Defensive Team as a right fielder.
- Tennessee went 17-12 in the regular season against teams that were ranked or received votes in the USA Today/NFCA and the ESPN/USA Softball Top 25 polls.
- Tennessee ranks second in the SEC with a .311 batting average, .978 fielding percentage and .750 W/L percentage.
- Tennessee’s pitching staff ranks third in the conference with a 3.87 strikeout-to-walk ratio while its 2.32 ERA stands at fifth. The Lady Vols’ 12 shutouts on the season rank fourth.
- Rogers 4.71 hits allowed per seven innings are the fourth-fewest by an SEC pitcher. Her 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings also rank fourth. The Athens, Tenn., native owns 20 wins on the year (2nd SEC) with a league-leading 10 coming in conference play.
- Freshmen Kaitlin Parsons and Kaili Phillips were each named to the Freshman All-SEC Team.