4-star in-state WR Alontae Taylor (6’0, 182) from Coffee County Central in Manchester has signed with the Vols. He’s the 13th player in the ESP.
WR – 6’0, 182
Coffee County Central (Manchester, TN)
ESPN Scouting Report
“Committed to Vanderbilt, October 2015. Switched commitment to Tennessee, June 2016. Decommitted from Tennessee, November 2017. Re-committed to Tennessee December 13, 2017. Tested with a 38.8 vertical jump. Phenomenal athlete at the quarterback position. Handles the ball well as a designated runner. Serviceable as a passer out of the spread. Flashes the speed to simply run away from defenders. Silky smooth athlete that plays as a corner as well. Taylor looks like an explosive cornerback or wide receiver at the quarterback position. He likely needs to transition to one of those positions at the next level. However, he’s the type of player you want with the ball in his hands.”
Profile Notes From UT
Natl Rank: 46
Position Rank: No. 6 WR
State Rank: No. 2 in TN
- ESPN 300 Recruit (46)
- Qualified for 2018 Nike Football The Opening Finals
- Invited to play in 2018 Under Armour All-American Game
- Played in 2017 Toyota East West TN Football All-Star Classic and was named MVP of the East Team after throwing the game-winning TD on a double-pass
- 2017 TSWA Class 6A All-State team
- 2017 Region 3-6A Athlete of the Year
- 2015 MaxPreps Sophomore Second Team All-American
- Caught 11 passes for 256 yards and one touchdown and completed 24 passes for 391 yards and three touchdowns during his senior campaign.
- Rushed for 1,409 yards on 141 carries and 21 TDs in 2017
- Rushed for 92 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries and returned a kickoff 88 yards for another score on Oct. 20, 2017 to become the Red Raiders’ all-time leader in career rushing yards and career touchdowns.
- Totaled 1,368 yards rushing with 17 touchdowns and caught 18 passes for 168 yards and had 30 tackles as a junior to go along with 123 yards and a touchdown through the air.
- During his four-year career at Coffee County Central High School, he totaled 8,225 yards on offense and 75 touchdowns, including 6,000 career rushing yards.